>10Base-T has a maximum segment length of 100 meters, maximum length for
100Base-T is 50 meters I believe.  Also 100Base-T requires the use of Cat 5
cable, 10Base-T only needs Cat 3.  (I found Cat 5 cable at my local Home
Depot for $67 per 1000 ft spool along with a nice selection of connectors
and jacks)

Those numbers aren't what my hub docs say (100 meters for 100Base-T, 250
for 10Base-T), but the ratio is about right. Plus I don't know the first
thing about hubs and networking - I just bought the hub last night and have
never been in charge of a network before - so if my docs are wrong I
wouldn't know about it.

I'm depressed about the Home Depot plug though. The more peopl who shop
there, the less cool ramshackle stores (like where I bought my cable and
hub) will survive. Fight Superstorification!

 - Chris
"Screw Windows; but Gimme Planet Windows over Planet Home Depot, Planet
Best Buy, and Planet Planet Hollywood any day."