I set the default and I got connected and then I changed something so
that now my new problem is that when I boot the eth1 is no longer
mounted.
any idea where i went wrong besides making any changes on a system that
works <g>?
Is there a place that tells what should be in each of the windows of
network setup?
like for each tab
I have:

TAB names:
Hostname: SeaPort6
nameserver: 192.168.1.6

TAB Hosts:
127.0.0.1  localhost
192.168.1.6   SeaPort6

TAB interfaces:
lo  127.0.0.1       none  yes  active
eth1 192.168.1.6    none  yes  inactive
eth0               none <-- this is not connected to anything yet

TAB routing:
x network packet forwarding
default gateway 192.168.1.254
default device eth1

when i activate the eth1 above and save nothing changes

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999 17:45:33 +0200