Hmmm,  I do bel.ieve eth0 needs to be activated, even if not connected

Is there some reason that eth0 is hanging?  Why not use eth0 to connect to the proxy and eth1 to connect to whatever you will have in the future?  Move the wire and change eth1 to eth0 in each of the panels.

Civileme

Dave Reinhardt wrote:

I set the default and I got connected and then I changed something so
that now my new problem is that when I boot the eth1 is no longer
mounted.
any idea where i went wrong besides making any changes on a system that
works <g>?
Is there a place that tells what should be in each of the windows of
network setup?
like for each tab
I have:

TAB names:
Hostname: SeaPort6
nameserver: 192.168.1.6

TAB Hosts:
127.0.0.1  localhost
192.168.1.6   SeaPort6

TAB interfaces:
lo  127.0.0.1       none  yes  active
eth1 192.168.1.6    none  yes  inactive
eth0               none <-- this is not connected to anything yet

TAB routing:
x network packet forwarding
default gateway 192.168.1.254
default device eth1

when i activate the eth1 above and save nothing changes

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999 17:45:33 +0200