----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Hendrick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 1999 1:54 PM
Subject: [newbie] StarOffice Instalation

> I bought the box set of Mandrake with StarOffice 5.1
> Searching all of the CD's, the only RPMs I can seem to find is Staroff and
> staroffice-wrapper.  None of these refers to SO 5.1.  When I run the
install
> and try typing "staroffice" to run the prog, it isn;t a recognised
command.  I
> also tried going to the directory of the program and clicking the icon,
nothing
> happens.
>
> I know Im going wrong somewhere.  When I install some RPMs, and I type the
> command to run them they work, some others are unrecognised commands :(
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Paul Hendrick

Try "soffice" (no quotes, of course).

While I'm at it, I have been having a problem with my StarOffice 5.1.  I
installed it using the /net switch.  After the GUI starts installing the
files, I get this error:

error:  invalid compressed (deflated) data for libsw516li.so

I retried a few times, but still the same error, so I chose to ignore it to
continue the installation.  Everything seemed fine after that, even doing
the user installation.  The problem comes when I start StarOffice.  The
program loads, but when I try to start a text document, I get some error
message about abnormal termination then it shuts down.  I can't give the
exact error there because I uninstalled the program.
Does anyone have any ideas?  Could this be a simple download corruption?
Thanks for any help.

Manny Styles
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
---