On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, James Schofield wrote:

> >> This guy is trolling you all.
> >> (for the newbies a troll is someone
> >> who instigates flamewars by using
> >> inflammatory language)
> >>

> I will admit that I am getting very frustrated with the hardware setup
> portion of linux.. but I am learning.. and it is just lack of knowledge of
> the system that is holding me back.
>
> One thing I find a bit of a problem as well is the fact that MOST books on
> Linux are written for one distro or another.. and not in general.. but it
> is just taking me a little longer thats all.
>
> I have succeeded in one thing though people.. I HAVE MY MODEM WORKING!!
>
> I have my Motorola Voicesurfer working now.. it was just a matter of using
> Setserial correctly and I am up and running now on ttys2 IRQ 11
>
> WOOOO HOOO!!!
>
> Now I have two things left..   My SB64 pci card which is sharing an IRQ
> with another PCI device and linux does not seem to like that.. even though
> it is PCI complaint.

My guess would be the onboard ide controler is conflicting with the
secondary on your mother board, disable one or the other.

> ANd my PNP ISA DLink 220 Networking card.. which I was not able to setup
> durring the install.. I would like to get it working now.. becuase I would
> like to make my own local area net with my laptops and my desktop.

Should work with the ne driver, be aware that Dlink doesn't always conform
to the ne2000 standard. The last Dlink i had required hacking the ne2000
driver to recognise the id string.

--
MandrakeSoft          http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
                                        --Axalon