Since someone decided to post in HTML, the previous discussion is blank
when I try to reply.  Please, turn off HTML posting.  It's annoying and
doubles the size of messages.

Use netcfg to modify the NIX and gateway settings.  It's an X program.
Just select the eth0 line by clicking on it, then make your
modifications and save them.  You'll probably have to "deactivate" then
"activate" the interface to make the change take effect.

Actually, this is one of the things that completely baffled the NT guy
that I work with.  Under Windows, changing the IP address of an
interface requires a reboot.  Not so under Linux.

--
Steve Philp
Network Administrator