Hey y'all,

I've goofed up my computer.  Just after installing Mdk 6.1 a few weeks ago, I
went on my "uninstall rampage" to clean off all the stuff I will never use as a
single home user.  Uhh...I went too far!  Talk about dumb, I somehow disabled
all networking on this machine.  My hostname is (none). That's not really a
problem for me until I try to run something like printtool from the superuser
console (when I'm logged in as user). When that happens, I get the "cannot
connect to server" error.  Well, now I've read that I need to set up my computer
as a kind of "one machine network" and I won't get that error any more.

So, I went into linuxconf, gave computer a name and domain, gave myself the IP
address of 192.168.1.2, gave myself the loopback interface 127.0.0.1.

Now, when I reboot, during the boot process I get the following:
etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit  domainname not found
and this line in the checklist gets a "failed"

At this point I'm really clueless.  I'm not sure if I need to re-install
something I had taken off, or if I've just got the configuration wrong.  Any
ideas and help would be greatly appreciated!  But be aware, I'm a networking
illiterate...I need it really basic!

THANKS!
Lance