John Aldrich wrote:

> No.... Linux will run just fine in 32 megs. I've got 32 mb on my machine at
> work. It's a bit sluggish sometimes, but it works pretty well. Having played
> around with my new (new to me...used parts machine <G>) dual-PPro 200 with
> 198 MB RAM, I can tell THAT machine is going to SCREAM! :-) RAM *does* help,
> but you can run an X-client is 32 mb or less of ram, it'll just be
> SLOOOOOOWWWWW!!!

Alot of that has to do with KDE grabbing such a huge chunk of memory.
Using something like fvwm or WindowMaker or AfterStep will do alot in
speeding up your work in X with a smaller memory system.

There's not alot that's changed in X over the years, and my first Linux
experiences were on a 8M system.

--
Steve Philp
Network Administrator