----- Original Message -----
From: Axalon Bloodstone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 1999 5:31 AM
Subject: Re: [newbie] Boot problem

> On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, John Aldrich wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, you wrote:
> > >
> > > I've certainly never heard of SCSI being affected by the IDE BIOS
> > > limitations...
> > >
> > Right...I confirmed it with my tech this afternoon. :-) His feeling
> > is that the limitation on drive size in SCSI is the Operating system
> > limitation...and if there is a drive size limitation in Linux, I'll
> > be darned if I know what it is! :-)
> > John
>
> http://metalab.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/mini/Large-Disk.html

That URL might be about to contradict what i'm going to say, in which case i
apologise (i don't have a great deal of time right now to check out the
link).

What kind of SCSI adapter do you have ?? (i also only caught the end of this
thread). I have used Adaptec1542 cards quite a bit and i'm pretty sure that
if you go into the BIOS of the scsi card rather than the PC there are
relevant options in there.

Maybe your card needs to have large disk support enabled similar to the PC
bios. I'm pretty damn sure i've set up Mandrake boxes with huge SCSI disks
before now (well +10Gb anyhow).

Just a thought !!

Martin.