On Wed, 01 Sep 1999, Rick Murphy wrote:

> > > I think that linux thru mandrake 6.0 is now as easy to use as windows.  Well
> > > almost,  we need the manufactures to start writing drivers and programs for
> > > linux
> > >

> > Yep... though I'm not sure if this ease of use is a good thing or a
> > bad thing.
>
> Hey it is a good thing.  Means folks like me have a chance at using it.  I have
> absolutely no computer background at all.   But...the folks here and elsewhere
> have had a lot of patience and taught me a thing or two. I just downloaded a
> theme for KDE tonight and sorta got it working.  I guessI've still got a way to
> go on my learning curve.
>
> Rick
>

> --
> "I don't want to swim in a roped off sea," JB

--Guys (and Women),
It's still nowhere near as easy as win-blows. The hardest thing is installing
progies (well, for me anyway). Even if they're in RPM and you use Kpack, you
still have to find the damn thing after you get it installed. No instant
desktop icons or anything. No, I think we're still safe in our geek status. What
I find really wonderful about Mandrake 6 is it opens the door for us and gives
us a start point to begin learning an otherwise virtually impossible system.
Yet another two cents worth.

David P. Greenberg
Bitco Electronics
"In Service to the Recording Industry"
*Confirmed Linux Newbie*
**Girls are like pianos. When they're not upright,
  they're grand.  --  Benny Hill**