On Wed, 01 Sep 1999, John Aldrich wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Sep 1999, you wrote:
> > > Sheesh.... this is almost getting TOO easy. ;-) I still
> > > think it'd be better to have 'em learn how to do it from
> > > command-line. :-)
> > >   John
> >
> > I think that linux thru mandrake 6.0 is now as easy to use as windows.  Well
> > almost,  we need the manufactures to start writing drivers and programs for
> > linux
> >

> Yep... though I'm not sure if this ease of use is a good thing or a
> bad thing.

Hey it is a good thing.  Means folks like me have a chance at using it.  I have
absolutely no computer background at all.   But...the folks here and elsewhere
have had a lot of patience and taught me a thing or two. I just downloaded a
theme for KDE tonight and sorta got it working.  I guessI've still got a way to
go on my learning curve.

Rick

--
"I don't want to swim in a roped off sea," JB