>Hi.

>I have a HSP 56 Modem PCI, and when I try to configure it on linux, it
doesn't >recognize the modem on any TTYS* port, windows autodetects it. It
has been pre->configured to work on COM 4.

>I would like to know if there is a way to do an autodetect modem(s) or
>something... I tried to configure it to TTYS3 that should be Com 4 I
guess...

>And it didn't worked... I don't know what can I do...
>help me... thanks.

Hmm, may be it's a winmodem.
i heard that Linux not support winmodem & and will never support it.
i have it too on COM3. Usually internal modem is the winmodem.
the modem maybe just act like a dialer, and windows do the Modulation/
demodulation.  so, it's slower than external modem.
    Maybe your modem is built in on the mainboard.

Correct if i'm wrong.

bye

Luqman