On Sun, 04 Jul 1999, you wrote:

> I have a HSP 56 Modem PCI, and when I try to configure
it on linux, it doesn't recognize the modem on any TTYS* port,
windows autodetects it. It has been pre-configured to work on COM 4.

The problem is that it's a "softmodem" Linux does NOT work with HSP
modems because they use PROPRIETARY, WINDOWS-ONLY software to emulate
some hardware that has been removed (such as a UART.) There are only
a couple PCI modems that are NOT HSP/WinModems. Give up now while you
still have some sanity, and go buy a REAL, "hardware" modem! :-)

Oh, yeah...and ditch the HTML. This list doesn't need it, nor will
most lists.