On Mon, 06 Sep 1999, you wrote:
> Dear folks:
> I recently had to reinstall Windows after it began seriously
> misbehaving, but lost lilo in the process. Now I can't get Mandrake 5.2
> to boot up. I tried using the rescue disk, got to the #bash prompt, but
> have no idea what to do next. I tried reinstalling lilo from the CD
> (using the upgrade mode) but to no avail. Can I get some help here?

I presume the bootdisk has a prompt stating "enter parameters or hit
enter to boot."
If so at the prompt type 'mount root=/dev/hdaX ro'  where X is where
you root fiilesystem is situated, then you should be able to rerun
lilo and restore what you had.

If not make another disk from your distribution cdrom or source.

--
Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]