On Wednesday 26 June 2002 10:00 pm, Damian G wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 18:56:09 +0530
>
> "L.V.Gandhi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > What to do for sound?
> > When I first tried to play
> > mplayer /mnt/wind/LailaOhLaila.avi
> > AO: [oss] 44100Hz Stereo Signed 16-bit (Little-Endian)
> > ao2: 44100 Hz  2 chans  Signed 16-bit (Little-Endian)
> > Can't open audio device /dev/dsp: Device or resource busy  -> no sound
> > couldn't open/init audio device -> NOSOUND
> > Audio: no sound!!!
>
> .. actually there can be a lot of possibilities, that message
> says the soundcard is busy, nothing more..
>
> do you have any other sound-intensive programs open? ( xmms, etc )
> are you using KDE and have aRTS enabled?
> does any movie file play correctly?
>
> my guess would be the second one, maybe? if it is, try going
> into KDE control panel, to the "sound" section, in there
> you will see a "sound server" options page. turn the soundserver
> off, then try again.
I am using kde 3.
with disbling sound server I could get sound with mplayer.
But xmms works with soundwrapper and it could show and give audio output for
.mpg files with server on. but mplayer same trick didn't work. Any
workaround?
--
L.V.Gandhi
203, Soundaryalahari Apartments, Lawsons Bay colony, Visakhapatnam, 530017