daRcmaTTeR wrote:

> John Richard Smith wrote:
>
>> daRcmaTTeR wrote:

>>> John,
>>>
>>> do you have a file somewhere in your home dir that has the text in
>>> it that you wish to have attached at the end of each email? if not,
>>> then you should make one, and after doing so go back into the
>>> preferences and tell "Messenger" where this file is so that it can
>>> read the file and "append" the contents of the file to the end of
>>> the email message.
>>>
>>> Composer is the HTML editor part of Netscape/Mozilla suite. it does
>>> *not* do email.

>>> Want to buy your Pack or Services from MandrakeSoft? Go to
>>> http://www.mandrakestore.com
>>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> I do not have any file in my home directory that appears to hold the
>> signature for my emails.
>> and so I created a text file with the necessary info in it:-
>> /home/.mozilla/home/5l4ggi0c.slt/signature-fsnet
>> I cannot understand from the above where the link is to be made, can
>> you be more specific,because,
>>
>> view settings for this accoun t- account settings - choose  -  choose
>> a file,   however the various tabs do not allow access to the newly
>> created signature file
>>
>> Or,  edit-preferences mail and news settings,
>> similarly do not seem to have any provision for linking to the newly
>> created signature file.
>>

>> When I attempt to send the newly composed message to my out boox if
>> fails, with the abovementioned warning, it only allows me to send
>> straight away, without delay. Why ?
>>
>> John
>>

> Tell ya what John. I'll go ya one better. Here's an image of the Mail
> & News Preferences in Messenger where the signature file setting is
> taken care of. Take notice to the areas that are highlighted in Red.
>
> Mark

> <cid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Thanks,

This is in Tasks - Mailand Newsgroups - view settings for this account -

| tick | attatch this signature
|                                                   | Choose |

which is where I suggested in my first email.

The problem then is that the | choose | tab  does not leed to the newly
created signature file.
Indeed if you go down this root I get nothing but a blank window. I
don't know why.

So instead of using the  | choose | tab I merely typed  the command line
instead to where I created myself
the new signature file, that is
/home/.mozilla/home/515ggioc.sit/signature-fsnet and it addopted it, as
you can see.

I still do not know why the | choose | tab does not work. I do have
"unhide hidded files" in konqueror - view .
As far as I can see it ought to work.

John

--
John Richard Smith