Since my last post I have narrowed the focus of the problem to a couple of
issues.  When I leave the resolve portion of the netconf blank and the
resolv.conf file has the word search in the first line, NMB boots [OK]. Yet,
I am unable to connect to the internet.  If I add the DNS domain and
nameserver address to the resolv portion of netconf and remove the word
search from the first line of resolv.conf, NMB services [fail] at boot, but
I am able to connect to the internet.

The other Linux box on our NT network has a static IP address and host is
set to manual in the host info portion of the netconf. It also has the DNS
domain and the nameserver address in the resolv portion of the netconf.
This linux box works fine.  I am unable to have a static IP address for my
machine and have to use DHCP in the host portion of the netconf.

These are the two issues I have been able to narrow down so far.  Any ideas?
Thank you for your help.

SA