On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, List User wrote:

> I have tried using both Noatun and Xmms with the same results from both,
> for all intents and purposes the player looks like it is working (equalizer
> works etc) but not sound, volume controls on both players are definatly set
> to max (adjusting doesnt help either)
>
> The only thing I can find that this might be is that my mobo has an onboard
> sound card that mandrake has picked up even though I have this dsiabled in my
> bios, and for some reasons mandrake is piping CD Audio though the SB Live and
> MP3 audio though the mobo?? dunno

well...if you've good sound for everything else except the playing of
mp3's then again I would suggest checking the volume level of the card
where playing those files is concerned.

--
daRmaTTeR

R L U: #186492
When ever people annoy me I remember, "Vengence is mine saith the Lord."
My prayer is, "...here am I Lord...send me!"