Andy Goth wrote:

> > So log out of your user and log in as root.  You'll only ever have to do
> > it once.
>
> THAT part is taken care of, but I'm still wondering about the
> unable-to-connect-to-server errors.  Is it not possible to have
> multiple users running programs on the same X server?

Of course it is.  The problem is that _by default_, it's not allowed
because of security issues.  Things like being able to steal keystrokes,
run harmless screen hacks, etc.  Using the "xhost +<hostname>" stuff
that people have been talking about lately is one way to get around the
security.

--
Steve Philp
Network Administrator