Paul Kaplan wrote:
> Does anyone know of some practical documentation on setting up a W2K box for
> SAMBA?  My principal objective is to be able to access the W2K file system
> (for which I have administrator rights) from a Lin (ML8.2) box.
>
> TIA
> Paul

Paul,

to do what you're asking about you simply need to turn on Netbios,
define the shares on the win2k box and then connect to them using some
kind of samba client on the linux box. gnomba works nicely and will
preserve user rights for you much better then if you define the shares
that users on the linux box can access using Mandrake Control Center.
_THAT_ is a mess. I wouldn't suggest using it.

--
daRcmaTTeR