Do you have a firewall in place?
If so either shut it down or poke holes in it for ports 137 and 139

I assume you have samba-common and samba-client RPMs installed?, and
samba-server if you wish Windows machines to access your files.

The samba config is stored in /etc/samba/smb.conf
The default file is very clearly documented, just read through it and edit
accordingly.

Finally I like komba2 as a way to browse Windows computers. If Samba is
working komba will give you a very quick confirmation.

derek