Gerard G. Dangca II wrote:

>hi,
>
>I have this strange problem with my PC, it restarts whenever I press <ctrl>
>b or simply "b".  could it be a virus? im using mandrake 8.2.  This problem
>also occurs with windows 98.  Or does it has something to do with my
>hardware.  im using an Epson endeavor laptop.
>
>--
>g2
>"intelligence, acquired; wisdom, inherent."
>LUN : 278414

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

When it hits both systems it is very likely hardware...  That sounds
like either a motherboard problem decoding the key signals or a splash
of soft drink on the keyboard.  Either one is a factory return item.
 The other possibility is that a virus wrote itself into the BIOS, but
the chances of this on a laptop are remote indeed as many do not even
have a falsh capability for the BIOS, and those that do are not
particularly standard in how it is implemented.

Civileme