i saw that phanton account.  on a previous install of 8.2, i did the initial
wizard at first login (after the install).  i had the same problem,  could
not delete the account.  i needed to do a reinstall (other problems) and
skipped the initial wizard and setup the accounts manually in kmail and have
not seen the phantom account since.  BTW, i also had the phantom account in
KNode.

--
my windows broke.  so i replaced it with Linux.
i once was blind, now i see the light!