At 12:57 AM 8/11/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm putting together a new computer and haven't been able to confirm whether
>or not Linux supports the embedded ethernet adapters found in motherboards
>like Intel's D815EA2LU and Elite Groups' ECS K7S5A. I'm not sure what board
>I'm going to use exactly so my primary question isn't whether these
>particular onboard network adapters are supported but rather if onboard
>ethernet adapters are supported in general. If some but not all are
>supported, where can I find a list?

I am using a HP Pavilion that has an on board Intel ethernet setup. It
pretty much configured itself automagically during installation.  When I
switched from dial up to cable all I had to do was run the connection
wizard and enable dhcp.

Richard

<Richard  Hackwith ><Sacramento CA><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>