Hi,

> shuttle ak35gtr motherboard w/ via 8366a chipset. An athlon xp 1800+
> cpu, 512mb ddr/266 ram, and a nvidia gforce 3 128/ddr video card.
> One hard disk has windows xp pro on it. The other I would like
> mandrake 8.2 on it.

  I had the same problem with similar hardware (ABIT KR7A-RAID) and
  Mandrake 8.2. I gave up on it in the end as I had 8.2 running on
  another box anyway. However, I have just successfully installed
  Mandrake 9.0 beta2 on that problem machine. The install was smooth
  and so far everything has been very stable.

  Graeme.

--
Graeme J Hosking
[EMAIL PROTECTED]