On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 13:02:58 +0100
"Peter Watson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> However the PM manual containds dire
> warnings about a linux bootable partition needing to be below the 1024
> cylinder (8GB) boundary.
>
> Is this still a problem with LM 8.2 and if so what would be the best
> way round it.

That is an out-of-date warning from PM.

As long as your BIOS supports that size drive and you were not forced to
use EZ-Bios or one of its clones, you will have no problem using lilo in
8.2 to boot. Lilo used to have a 1024 limit but no longer and I do not
think that grub has ever had it.

    Charles

The wages of sin are high but you get your money's worth.
Charles A Edwards
[EMAIL PROTECTED]