* Chris Spackman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [020904 13:30]:
[snip]
> Anyhow, I put mandrake 8.2 on it and it works fine except for one or two
> things. The major problem is that the keyboard repeat rate is totally
> f**ked up. Typing quickly (normal speed for someone used to typing)
> causes a large number or double or triple letters, like `mman kbbdrate'.
[snip]
> Any ideas? Could it be a hardware problem? I have found that it is less
> likely to happen if I pound the keys (imaging typing on an old,
> non-electric typewriter). Needless to say, that solution is almost as
> bad as the problem.

Have you tried a different keyboard?  That would be the first step in
ruling out a hardware problem with the keyboard.

If the borrowed keyboard works, get a new keyboard and don't worry
about it.  If it does the same thing, it could still be a hardware
problem with your motherboard.

I have installed Mandrake 8.2 a lot of times, and have never had this
problem with a variety of keyboards, from brand new to ones with a lot
of key names rubbed off (old).  Never had this problem.

--
Jan Wilson, SysAdmin     _/*];          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Corozal Junior College   |  |:'  corozal.com corozal.bz