Roger Sherman wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, robin wrote:
>
>> Roger Sherman wrote:
>>
>> >Is there a linux equivalent of this program?
>> >
>> Not yet, though Scribus looks promising.  A lot depends on why you use
>> Quark (I'm guessing here, as I've never used it).  If it's because you
>> like frame-based layout, then KWrite is fairly functional in this
>> area.  OTOH, if your layout needs are not very complex and you just
>> want to produce professional-looking PDF or PostScript files, then I'd
>> give LyX a try.
>>
>> Sir Robin
>

> Heh...well, actually, all I want to do is change my business card around
> from time to time. No idea whatsoever about what programs are good for
> that; I just know that it was originally done on Quark Express. And that
> I'm tired of being a slave to the graphics people at Kinkos! Gah!!!

For a business card, I imagine the GIMP would work fine - treat it as a
graphic with added text rather than a text document with inserted
graphics.  Work in XCF (the GIMP native format) then convert to whatever
format your printers will handle.

Sir Robin

--
"So I repeat myself?  I am great, I contain tautologies."

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Üniversitesi
Ankara