On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, robin wrote:

> > Heh...well, actually, all I want to do is change my business card around
> > from time to time. No idea whatsoever about what programs are good for
> > that; I just know that it was originally done on Quark Express. And that
> > I'm tired of being a slave to the graphics people at Kinkos! Gah!!!
>
> For a business card, I imagine the GIMP would work fine - treat it as a
> graphic with added text rather than a text document with inserted
> graphics.  Work in XCF (the GIMP native format) then convert to whatever
> format your printers will handle.

Hmmm...OK. Now, can I open my existing .qxd file in GIMP, and after saving
as XCF, can I use GIMP to convert it back to .qxd? I ask because I'm not
really set up to print them up the way I like (raised lettering, on white
linen paper - I know, very standard, but I like it, so...)...

--

peace,

Rog

 "Come, let me gnaw your fingernails that I may absorb and lose myself
 in the wise and gritty detritus that is you."
http://www.madsci.org/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/~lynn/jardin/SCG

56469198