Why would you want to do this?
When using the Enlightenment WM I actually prefer the "click" menus.  :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles A Edwards [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 6:38 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] bloody Nautilus!

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 21:01:33 -0600
FemmeFatale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sorry the hijack this thread but... I wish to know how to put a menu
> panel *IE, kde's menu with the big K or Gnomes Bigfoot menu* to the E
> desktop... Ditto for Ice & Fluxbox

Can't say for Kde, never cared for the critter.

For a gnome panel use the command 'panel' if you are running gnome1 or
'gnome-panel' if you are running gnome2.
I launch it using emelfm, a file mgr with built in command line which
launches programs free-standing so no need to worry about the panel
closing if you close it.

All you need then is to configure the panel as you wish, or if it is
specifically a menu panel you desire, create it and then delete the
other panel.
I have used both ways and set the panels to auto-hide so my desktops
stays free.

    Charles

Fortune's real live weird band names #65:

Big Balls and the Great White Idiot
Charles A Edwards
[EMAIL PROTECTED]