On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 18:41:25 +0200 (CEST)
Ralph Slooten <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, shane wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday 10 September 2002 6:18 am, Len Lawrence did speak unto the
> > huddled masses, saying:
> >
> > > OK friends.  Time for a rant.  <rant> Recently, after every Mandrake
> > > install, I have chosen Gnome/Sawfish, as per usual, and have found
> > > Nautilus taking over the desktop.  Now this is something I am not
> > > prepared to tolerate.
> >
> > me either, gnome is intolerable  ;-)
>
> Gnome ain't bad ;-) I personally use Fluxbox not really because of Gnome
> itself, but one of the main reasons why I started looking for
> alternatives is because of the way Mandrake is making Gnome totally
> dependant on Natuilus (try uninstalling Nautilus, and rpm tells you it
> has to take down Gnome and all with it too.... all for a bloody
> filemanager).  This isn't either my first rant again Nautilus, but as
> nice looking as it is, it's so damn heavy, big and slow. Browsing my own
> $HOME is like browsing via FTP...

I use ROX Filer and this past week several people on that list have
mentioned that they use it instead of Nautilus. It seems you have to
enable pinboard in ROX.

I agree that Nautilus is slow--this ROX might be a solution if you like
everything else about Gnome.

Todd

--
Todd Slater