On Thursday 19 Sep 2002 9:06 pm, you wrote:
> On Thursday 19 September 2002 1:58 pm, Bob Read wrote:
> > No, you aren't the only one. It has been happening to me as well.
> > I see this one got thru though.
> >
> > This must be a problem at Mandrake.  I have forwarded one to
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] and included a backround note.
> >
> > Maybe someone on this list has a more direct connection?
> > Of course I don't know if this one will  get through,
> >
> > Bob
>
> I think I didn't make myself clear Bob. My messages get to the list most of
> the time but I was getting those notices directly from an ISP's (hetnet)
> postmaster application in the Netherlands. Someone must have subscribed
> with a bogus address or something.
>
> I see it was reported on the cooker list too. Maybe it's handled now since
> the last message didn't trigger that stuff.
>
> Thanks.

We had this before, with a different address.  I think the explanation was
that someone had subscribed with an address covered by a firewall/company
postserver, or some such, which was rejecting his copy of the posts,
resulting in the sender getting his copy bounced.  After a week or so the
offending name must have been struck off, because the problem stopped.

Anne