-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Derek Jennings
Sent: Monday, 23 September 2002 4:26 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Tar or zip?

On Sunday 22 Sep 2002 8:25 pm, Alastair Scott wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-09-22 at 20:05, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > >
> > > The easiest way is to install zip. unzip is already installed but, for
> > > some inscrutable reason, unzip isn't (on 9.0RC3). So
> > >
> > > urpmi zip
> > >
> > > then
> > >
> > > zip <name of zip file>.zip <list of files>
> > >
> > > will do the job.
> >
> > Do I take it, then, that (once I have installed zip), I use
> >
> > zip font.zip list_of_files_separated_by_spaces ?
>
> Yes.
>
> Alastair

Or for those who prefer GUIs
KDE Menu>Applications>Archiving>Compression>Ark
Select New  Pick file name with .zip extension

Drag and drop files into the window.

Naturally the zip RPM has to be installed for it to work.

If you prefer there is also Gnuzip.

derek