Hi,

Here's a link to a page that has open office in rpm format!  It works like a champ and is much easier to install. The links will install to the mandrake menus under "office." Download the file (you'll need to "save target as" from netscape) then just go to the console as root and do:

rpm -ivh OpenOffice.org-1.0-5.1mdk.i586.rpm

the link:
http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/243416/idpa/243416

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi all,

I cannot install OpenOffice1.0. Could possibly teach me how to install OpenOffice on my computer step by step pelase? I am using Mdk 8.2 and Gnome. I know that this is a very stupid question, but I am a beginner for Linux. Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Oyaji