Paul Hendrick wrote:

> Hi,
> I've installed MDK 6.1 from the CD I was sent and everything went fine untill I
> started up GIMP.  When I tried to select a custom colour, the panel became
> distorted.
> I've taken a screenshot of it. http://www.btinternet.com/~engprin1/gimp.jpg

Wow!  Mine doesn't let me select from a nice plaid matrix!  :)

> I e-mailed Gael Duval and it seems as though it is an x-server problem.
> What would be the best thing for me to do here?  un-Install XFree86 3.3.4, and
> put 3.3.3 back on?  Or is there something else I could do?  I've tried
> different settings etc, and I've forced a re-install of GIMP from my old MDK6
> cd, but it still happens.
>
> I've tried using the VooDoo3 and Banshee Drivers (that are on the card list by
> default now ), but I've not had any luck either way.

Okay, so it happens across servers in the new 3.3.4... Does it work
correctly with 3.3.3?  Have you changed Gtk libraries recently?  Do you
see corruption like this in other apps?

Might be something to ask the Gtk and XFree people about.

> If putting XFree86 3.3.3 back on is a solution, whats the easiest way of taking
> 3.3.4 away safely?

rpm -Uvh --oldpackage <blah> to replace all the XFree86-3.3.3 packages.
--
Steve Philp
Network Administrator