On Saturday 28 September 2002 04:39 am, et wrote:
> On Friday 27 September 2002 11:08 pm, you wrote:
> > s wrote:

> > > Well, this may not be the way you want, but I found it works well.  I
> > > mount the isos as loop one at a time and copy them to a directory to
> > > install from.  Fast accurate installs result.  For example:
> > >
> > > mkdir /mnt/loop
> > > mkdir /path/mandrake
> > > mount /path/Mandrake90-cd1-inst.i586.iso -o loop /mnt/loop
> > > cp -r /mnt/loop/* /path/mandrake/
> > > umount /mnt/loop
> > > mount /path/Mandrake90-cd2-ext.i586.iso -o loop /mnt/loop
> > > cp -r /mnt/loop/* /path/mandrake
> > > umount /mnt/loop
> > > mount /path/Mandrake90-cd3-i18n.i586.iso -o loop /mnt/loop
> > > cp -r /mnt/loop/* /path/mandrake
> > > umount /mnt/loop
> > >
> > > hth,
> > > -s
> >
> > I will try this and see if it will work for me now that the base system
> > appears to be working. However, shouldn't the initial install be able to
> > see all three ISOs? It is able to read one why can't it read the other
> > two? I think that would have been better.
> >
> > Thankx,
> >
> > Seedkum
>
> are you mounting the isos as an iso filesystem?

HI,

When I was using the Hard Disk Install procedure I was not yet "mounting"
anything. I was booting from an hd.img floppy. I copied the hd.img from the
cd1 ISO onto floppy then I proceeded to do a complete install. That is how I
came upon the problem.

To complete the install I had to go and do what Mr./Ms. "s" suggested. That
was not a very "user friendly' install and I do not think it was intended to
be like that.

Thanx,

Seedkum