Damn --- I got to stop thinking if a little bit is good, a lot more has
to be better!

I was looking for a Linux alternative to my Windows Contact Management
software (Maximizer) that my business and I live by. Evolution looked
pretty good and a possible match to my needs. I installed the complete
Desktop using their Red Carpet scripted installation feature. I should
have taken just Evolution (for now), but got really greedy, thinking
that the whole package would give me more of what I have in Maximizer.
Well....I suppose this would have been OK if GNOME was my default
Windows Manager....it ain't! Personally... I just don't like GNOME.
That's just me...no offense implied. Anyway...

Installation seemed to go very well. I have NEVER seen any on-line
installation work as smoothly and as well thought out as Ximian's.
Unfortunately, I cannot find any solution from them on how to get the
thing to work under KDE. At this point in time, everything looks just as
it did on KDE before I installed, with one rather interesting
difference... All of my icons on my Quick-Start Task Bar are now the
same -- the KDE gear icon. when I click on any of them, I get this error
message:

"Unable to run the command specified. The file or directory
'file:/usr/share/applnk-mdk/Applications/Editors/kwrite.desktop' does
not exist."

Please note that the path is specific to the application icon I clicked
on, so it varies with the application I am trying to access. It looks
like this newbie is temporarily fooked and it doesn't even feel good!
-Ouch!-

Could someone who installed Ximian Desktop in MDK 8.3, using KDE as
their Windows Manager, please point me to the solution? (Preferably
before I scream for jumping in without understanding the choices I
made...) I have been running around Ximian's site for answers (and will
continue to do so!), but thus far all I have found is that they
acknowledge that mods have to be done! ARGH!

"Dad, when will I grow up and be a competent Linux user like you?"

"Someday, son...someday."

I am going badk to do more searching.... g-r-r-r-r....

TIA,