On Friday 04 Oct 2002 2:03 pm, Andre Stevens wrote:
> How do I install  v9.0 on a PC that has WindowsNT on it. I want to blow
> away the current NT OS.
>
> Also I'm not sure I downloaded the file correctly (everytime I tried to log
> onto the FTP site I got a screen asking for a username and password; I gave
> a username and used the "log in as anonymous user" selection); when I was
> able to connect to a site, I copyed the ISO files and burned them to a CD.
>
> Can I use this CD to boot from or did I have to expand the files first?

There are installation instructions in html format on CD1
If you copied correctly as an ISO image you can boot from CD1

Blowing away NT is dead easy. Just follow the instructions in the install GUI
When you come to the bit about partitions just redefine your NT partitions to
be Linux ones.
If you do not know what partition sizes are suitable just leave the decision
to the installer.

Welcome to the Linux community :)

derek