Greetings everyone,

I have succeeded in downloading the Mdk 9.0 iso's and burning them to cd. :) I did the
downloading and burning on a WinXP box, and used md5summer.exe to check the iso's. All
seems to have gone OK.

I've been using 8.2 for a while, but I would like to ask what is my best option to
install 9.0: should I wipe out my 3 partitions and reinstall 9.0 fresh, or can I
safely save my /home partition from 8.2 to be used in 9.0?
I really don't have any valuable data, but it would be nice to save my preferences. I
do want to do it the way that will insure the best install however.

Also, should I go with the "recommended" installation, or try the "expert" mode? I'm
not too sure about trying anything that requires I be an "expert" just yet.;)
I want to install everything that is required to build rpms from source.....is that
possible? If I choose to install the "development package", will that be close to
getting me there?

Any thoughts??
TIA.

--Angus

"Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness."--James
Thurber

Reg. Linux User #278931
Download the FREE Opera browser at www.opera.com/download/

Free OperaMail at http://www.operamail.com/