From: "Angus Auld" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] preparing to install 9.0

>Greetings everyone,
>
>I have succeeded in downloading the Mdk 9.0 iso's and burning
them to cd. :) I did the downloading and burning on a WinXP box,
and used md5summer.exe to check the iso's. All seems to have gone OK.

>I've been using 8.2 for a while, but I would like to ask what is
my best option to install 9.0: should I wipe out my 3 partitions
and reinstall 9.0 fresh, or can I safely save my /home partition
from 8.2 to be used in 9.0?
>I really don't have any valuable data, but it would be nice to
save my preferences. I do want to do it the way that will insure
the best install however.

>Also, should I go with the "recommended" installation, or try
the "expert" mode? I'm not too sure about trying anything that
requires I be an "expert" just yet.;)
>I want to install everything that is required to build rpms from
source.....is that possible? If I choose to install the
"development package", will that be close to getting me there?