Hi Linus,

I have the same problem.  The instal  actually
detected my printer and printed a test page, but
haven't worked since.

I tried deleting the printer, but then I couldn't get
printerdrake to work.

Any help I can get on how to properly add and
configure my printer is appreciated.

I have an Epson Stylus Color 740 connected to the USB
port.

Mike K.

--- Linus Drouhard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>       I have an Espon Stylus 777 that was working fine
> until a couple of days ago.
> I recently installed Mandrake 9.0.  I think that the
> printer worked under
> 9.0, but I'm not sure....  It worked great under 8.2
> and it still works fine
> with Windows (as much as I hate to admit it).
>
>       Anyway, I'm getting the following message in CUPS
> administration
>
> Printer State: processing, accepting jobs.
> "USB port busy; will retry in 30 seconds..."
> Device URI: usb:/dev/usb/lp0
>
> Printerdrake cannot see the printer at all.  KDE
> Control panel printer
> configuration utility can see the printer, but still
> can't print.  I get the
> same error.
>
> I tried PrinterDrake from command line.  It gave me
> the error...
>

> [root@localhost linus]# printerdrake
> cupsd (pid 1496) is running...
> WARNING: pinging broadcast address
> WARNING: pinging broadcast address
> rmmod: module parport_probe is not loaded
> modprobe: Can't locate module parport_probe
> modprobe: Can't locate module parport_probe
> rmmod: module parport_probe is not loaded
> WARNING: pinging broadcast address
>

> ...could not find printer.
>
> the module parport is loaded, but why does that
> matter as I'm using a USB
> printer.
>
> Any help, insights, or just plain sympathy is
> welcomed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Linus
>
> > Want to buy your Pack or Services from