I bought a LinkSys card cheaply(£20) from PC World. It was picked up by
RedHat 6.0 installer straight away. Although it may have been a PCI card,
can't remember.

I would think that any NE2000 compatible card would be OK, and should be
very cheap.

I have the same question about graphics - I can't get my non-supported
Hercules Terminator 128 3D to work with X.

Regards
Mark