Hi Simon,

DO you have an available (Man I hate asking this question) Windows95/98
machine?  If so goto (again I don't like saying this, somebody slap me
upside the head ...  :o)

http://www.winfiles.com

or some other shareware/freeware site and do a search for "SiSoft Sandra".
It is a utilities app that does benchmarking etc., yet it also probes all
hardware devices and their chipsets and then displays a report.  It even
gives names of chipsets, revision dates, manufacture dates etc.   It's a bit
more like Sherlock Homes, than a piece of software.

If this file is no longer available and you have an ICQ number I can direct
transfer you the zipped file.  This version is a limited trial version yet
it still does the job.

Email me directly if you need a download from me.

Regards,
Sean Pritchard
http://www.sjptech.com