-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Dennis Myers
Sent: 06 October 2002 16:53
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Downloading and installing mandrake

On Sunday 06 October 2002 10:29 am, Mike Eastaugh wrote:
> Hi'ya
>
> Am completly new to this, so could someone help me here. I'm just looking
> to download a copy of mandrake from the FTP site and install it by booting
> from CD. Can someone please tell me what I need to download.
>
> Any help much appreciated
>
> Mike

> http://uk.my.yahoo.com
Mike you need the following 3 .iso's the first two are nearly 700 Mb so you
need 80 min CDs to burn the image.
Mandrake90-cd1-inst.i586.iso
Mandrake90-cd2-inst.i586.iso
Mandrake90-cd3-i18n.i586.iso

When you get on one of the ftp sites, if you do not see these files then
click
up on the directory to the next higher level until you see  a folder with
iso
as it's label, go there. I think they have fixed the links to go to the
right
place now.  Welcome to adventure called Linux, it is worth the trip.  HTH

--
Dennis M. linux user #180842