On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Gavin Rollins wrote:

> On Thursday 10 October 2002 04:21 pm, Dale Huckeby wrote:
> >   I seem to recall there was a brief discussion on either the newbie or
> > expert list not too long ago on how to stop a print job and clear the
> > printer's memory (don't want to waste 70 or 80 pages worth of ink), but
> > I haven't been able to find it.  Can anyone point me to it, or offer
> > some suggestions?
> >
> > THX,
> > Dale Huckeby
>

> Dale,
>
> checking my notes from my "Linux Desk Reference" book p.178 (bottom) says try
> this command.. (straight from the book)
>
> lprm [-Pprinter] [-] [job#....][user.....]
>
> Remove the specified jobs from the print queue.
> Example: to remove job 43 from printer lp1:
>       lprm -Plp1 43
> job numbers may be obtained via the lpq command.
> I hope this helps.

  Alas, I killed the job, but my printer is still printing what it has
in memory.  Perhaps that command only works if you remove a job from the
cue _before_ it starts printing.  I've decided to bite the bullet so
I can get my printer back.  Right now I'm feeding it scrap paper until
it clears its buffer.  (No scrap ink to feed it, unfortuneately.)

Thanks,
Dale Huckeby