I have not been following this thread, but anytime someone has difficulty with
printer drivers it is worth giving TurboPrint a try  (apologies if it has
already been suggested)
http://www.turboprint.de/english.html

Turbo print is not free and so cannot be bundled with Mandrake. It is however
'no cost' for personal use.

For certain printers it will give substantially better print quality than the
'free' (as in freedom) drivers.  For others it is little different.
Your printer is listed as supported by Turboprint.

HTH
http://www.turboprint.de/english.html

(BTW: If your printer manufacturer would write drivers for Linux like they do
for Windows, then you would not have this difficulty)

derek