Has anyone in this group found, installed and actually got any use out of any linux running on a Windows CE device? I have a Sharp Mobilon Tripad (same as the Clio) which runs on Win CE 2.11. It has 16 MBs of RAM (expandable to 32 MBs), a 640 X 480 screen, PCMCIA Type 2 slot, internal 33.6 modem and IR port for sending/receiving. I have done some research on Linux for such devices, but most are trying to run the O/S on a Pocket PC (PPC!) The Tripad and its sister machine are HPC's or Handheld PC's. Because it is almost like a full-capacity notebook computer, it would be a real joy to find some way to get Linux on it.

Does anyone out there have any real experience any of this? Was it worth the effort in converting? And finally...were you able to do anything in the O/S once you did?

Thanks!

P.S. I have to laugh at myself when I say that when I first saw the term 'PPC' used on the Mandrake site, I thought that they had a version of Linux for the Pocket PC! <let's have a round of deserved laughter from all the Mac users> :-D