On Sat, 2002-10-26 at 17:37, Nick Adams wrote:
> Nick Adams wrote:
>
> > Spencer wrote:

> >> Mach 64 Utah drivers are correct. I use the same card along with
> >> Xfree 4.2.1. It may be choking on your monitor. Try using generic
> >> settings. I am using 1024x768 @ 70 and 800x600 at 24 as final. Works
> >> perfect
> >>
> >> Spence

> >> Want to buy your Pack or Services from MandrakeSoft? Go to
> >> http://www.mandrakestore.com
> >>

> > Spencer:
> >
> > You use Xfree 4.2.1 on a generic monitor -- but do you set Xfree to 3d
> > or 2d?
> >
> > Nick

> >Want to buy your Pack or Services from MandrakeSoft?
> >Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com
> >

> Spencer:
>
> Been there. Done that. Three times now.
>
> Same result. It doesn't work.
>
> More suggestions, anyone?
>
> Thanks
> Nick

Nick,

I'm running the same chipset (according to the setup in 9.0).  Do don't
say what OS you ran on this machine before..or what resolution or color
depth.  Without that info, it looks like your card handles the default
settings, but your monitor is choking on them.  I'd suggest dropping
back to 800x600 at 16-bit and see if it will work.  You need to find a
setting that works with your monitor, then you can experiment with the
color depth and resolution to get optimal display.

If you are doing the setup manually, you might also check the frequency
that is being used with the monitor...a freq setting that is too high
(or too low) could be a show-stopper, too.

The default for my card (ATI mach64 Utah) and monitor (Optiquest Q55)
worked fine...XFree 4.2.1, 2D (I also have only 8MB onboard vid ram) and
1024x768, but my monitor will handle the 24-bit color depth.
--
Erik

Linux User 288105

Bill who? Micro what?