On Tuesday 29 October 2002 08:40 am, Bruno Pedersen wrote:
> For the first time I succeded in surfing on the internet by
> Konqueror.
>
> After some troubles I found a hint that I should check and
> edit the files /etc/ppp/pap-secrets or /etc/ppp/chap-secrets
> and /etc/resolv.conf. After having edited pap-secrets and
> resolv.conf I connected me by Kppp, and I was on the
> internet. But only once .....
>
> After shut down and later trials I have never been on the
> internet again from Linux/Mandrake 9.0.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Bruno

Bruno, just a guess : what are your security settings ? - Go to
Mandrake Control Center --> Security and have a look.
Mine is "high" and all the other options set to "default".
Works like a breeze. Of course you need to know what your ISP
supports (PAP / CHAP).

BTW : It seems you are on the net once again ;-)

Kaj Haulrich