I agree. For the average computer user windows simplicity just cant be beat. Linux would be 10 times more popular then it is now if only the simplicity was there. It took me quite sometime to learn about rpm files and installation. Which is not something for say my wife. She would have given up all hope.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2002 9:14 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] making rpm installation easier for newbies

robin:
    For us new to linux wanting to get away from windows and microsoft. Atleast make it where when installing and rpm to give us an option to an easily accessible icon or entry to the program we are trying to install. Heck, if linux would make things easier then there would be no such thing as microsoft or windows. All I am trying to say is that we need to have the option if we want the icon or not, you can always delete it?

chad (newbie)